16/12/2012

Art school christmas party

It's always nice to have the cultural elite notice you

The music is in the player on the right, choose your own sonic background.
Two girls doing "something sensual"
It has been a busy weekend going back and forth between Tallinn and Tartu. Two exhibition openings on Thursday and playing a set on Friday in Tartu.

Conan the Barbarian on steroids had broken Nälg's display window from the inside.

The Christmas party in Nälg on Friday was wicked. It was packed full of art school kids and their friends. I and Zuks ended up rocking it together once again. It was fun as always.

There were four tables in the dancing area making it hard for everyone.

Local super-bum Erkki Hüva was booked to perform a set of Christmas songs. I missed it as I was getting the other room jumpstarted. A middle-aged couple had taken the initiative and connected the gear and found some discs they had already put on. When they tried to give me pointers on what to play, I politely refused.

Zuks with a fist full of cash - "10€ per request or a flash of breast".

As I started I discovered that I lacked headphones. I did what I could and started the set with blindly mixing the tracks for half an hour. By that time Zuks arrived with two pairs of headphones and saved the night.

Some time later it was getting hotter.

During the night I got an astonishing  amount of different style and song requests - ragga, DnB and "something to dance to". And apparently 212 is a bad track to play at a party.

Dancing at the speed of light.

People were promised karaoke, but at 3 am it still wasn't a possibility. Don't ask me why. I heard that finally only two songs were sung before the party got shut down.

Paul Lepasson of Mimicry and Eliise who just had to be on Fluon.

At the end of the night the place was full of utterly wasted people. A short goon came up to me an threw his arm around my neck and started telling me a cool story. Before that he had managed to hit on half the girls in the room and stumble on the other half. He then stayed at our table to bore everyone.

Former cleaner of the Y-gallery getting serious.

We had another drink in Kivi before we headed home. Some of us made it and others not so much as it was cold as hell outside.

Two girls one cup, a pair of glasses and a room full of art.

On Thursday I was at the opening for Art Academies second year photographers first exhibition. Among others Keiu Maasik and Hanna Parman were also showing their works. The exhibition is better than I had feared so I suggest you swing by Katarsis at Müürivahe 30 and check it out because it's worth it.

Brother and sister amazed by the exhibition.

On Saturday we went to Manatargaq carneval and it was surreal. I have over a hundred photos for you. I'll post them next time so be sure to check back in couple of days.

The queue for the Manatargaq psy trance carneval.
Read about what happened on Saturday at Manatargaq psy trance rave.

See you soon
B